Belagavi: The income tax department has canceled most of the income tax offices in Belagavi after the prime minister’s announcement about the Faceless Assessment scheme on 15th August. According to the orders, existing 2 joint commissioners, 2 assistant commissioners, 6 income tax officers, and 1 ITO TDS and CIT (A) will be reduced and there will be only one officer remained in the city, which is a gross injustice to the second capital of Karnataka.
In a memorandum, The Belagavi chapter of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has rose following aspects before the finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman and urged to allot regional e-assessment centre in Belagavi based on merits.
- Belagavi is amongst the first 20 smart city projects in India
- It is the second capital of Karnataka where the winter session of the legislative assembly is conducted every year.
- It is the second-highest tax-paying city in Karnataka after Bengaluru.
- It is the second industrial city of Karnataka after Bengaluru having foundry, cast iron, sugar, aviation, and export-oriented industries and textiles.
- Geographically it is the second-highest area covered district after Bengaluru.
- It has second-highest air traffic in Karnataka after it was selected under UDAAN 3 with connectivity to Bengaluru, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Ajmer, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Mangaluru, Tirupati, and Indore.
- Belagavi income tax department is already been allotted 4.5 acres of land which are completely fenced and the plan for construction is allotted to architects.
- Belagavi is having an investigation wing having jurisdiction of North-Karnataka and Goa.
- It is one the biggest educational centers having 2 medical colleges, 6 engineering colleges, 2 law colleges, Homeopathy and Ayurved colleges, and world-famous KLE and KLS educational institutions with 2 universities and 1 deemed university.
- It is having 1,400 bedded KLE Hospital apart from many multi-specialty hospitals.
- It is having Air Force and Army base with commando training centers.
- It is geographically also ideally situated on Gc.den Quadrilateral and national highway 4, very well connected with major cities like Pune, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Pune.
- It has very good rail and air connectivity to all major cities in India.
- It is very well connected to all major cities of North-Karnataka like Vijayapur, Bagalkote, Nippani, Gokak, Hubballi, Bidar, Raichur, and Kalburgi.
- Most preferred city by all government officials on account of Metro Politian culture, good climate, water, education, connectivity, and medical facilities.